A Chore for Everyday

A Chore for Everyday

Friday, November 13, 2015

My Goal is God Himself--Not Joy, Nor Peace

I have been quite wordless these days. My heart is often in turmoil and my mind vexed. Nevertheless, He holds my hand gently and speaks to me lovingly.

Words by F. Brook
Music by Mark Giacobbe

My goal is God himself--not joy, nor peace
Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God
'Tis His to lead me there, not mine, but His
"At any cost, dear Lord, by any road!"

So faith bounds forward to its goal in God
And love can trust her Lord to lead her there
Upheld by Him, my soul is following hard
Till God hath full fulfilled my deepest prayer

No matter though the way be sometimes dark
No matter though the cost be oft-times great
He knoweth how I best shall reach the mark
The path that leads to him, it must be straight

One thing I know, that "no" I cannot say
One thing I do, I press towards my Lord
My God my glory here, from day to day
And in the glory there my great Reward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZtO8B0lp14



No comments:

Post a Comment